Five Great Gift Ideas For Teacher Appreciation Day
HAPPY TEACHER APPRECIATION DAY!
This year is Brighton’s first year of Pre School! We had a bit of a rough go at it when he first started and for a few different reasons decided it was best to switch schools. This was a very HARD decision but a good one. Looking back at it now I am so grateful that we did what we did. I honestly feel like everything happened just as it should have. Brighton has been so blessed with his teachers this year. She really has nurtured him into a more kind, thoughtful and happy child. He just loves school overall and it is such a joy to watch.
I am so proud of him and the relationships he has made this past year and so for this reason I decided to sort of dedicate a little space for all the teachers out there who just go above and beyond for our precious offspring. We really like to take advantage of times like these to spoil our teachers! They certainly deserve it!
I am going to list a few ideas below of some teacher gifts for celebrating and appreciating the teachers in our kids lives. Although these gifts vary in price range I feel like I must say that Brighton’s teacher would quite literally be just as happy with a handmade card with his name he can now write on it just as much as any of the below (because that is just how she is). But sometimes it is nice to give a blessing when you can to someone so so deserving.
- A beautiful flower arrangement. I tend to buy ones in the vases so that they are in water all day for when she is at school in case she wants to bring them home. My two favourite places to go for these currently are
- Wascana Flower Shops
- A thoughtful card. Our teacher always write little “love notes” to the kids so we know she appreciates stationary. My go to for these are
- A Gift Card is always a great option! Just pay attention to what they like and what will be useful. I don’t gift Gift Cards so that she can use them for more school supplies (instead we donate to the fundraisers). I look for things that she can try to use to enjoy herself for a much needed break.
- An Erin Condren Custom Notebook, Teacher Planner, Custom Monogrammed Stationary
- Use link above for $10 off your order
- A relaxing Candle. Who doesn’t love a good candle!
- Crocus and Ivy
I have been told from a reliable source that Teachers receive loads of knick knacks, fixtures, and desk accoutrements. Some are totally fine, especially if you know the teacher and know she will love it! My only advice is to try to avoid these when possible if you want to give a really thoughtful gift. When shopping for others I really do try to pick something I know they will enjoy and use up or use to create a happy memory.
Let me know of any great gift ideas below and see how far we can grow this list!