5 Reasons We Give Our Kids an Allowance!
- Because a debit card works better than treats.
- Because cash in a motusbank account is healthier than treats.
- Because what else do you do with your random change and only so many quarters can fit in a sock=full-of-quarters.
- Because every once in a while they learn what it means to buy something for themselves and the value of money.
- Something… something… responsibility.
And in all seriousness, both kids just saved for months and took their own money to each buy a toy. They learn about the immediate reward that comes from work. They learn the delayed reward in saving and get to see their bank account get bigger. And they even learn some autonomy and the self-determination that comes with making their own decisions.